Dear MARMAMers,

We are happy to share that /PADOC/, an Android mobile application dedicated to the real-time study of wild cetaceans behaviour, is now also entirely available in *Italian*.

The app, as some of you already know, is designed to enable cetacean researchers to *study and record behaviours* by logging various observations such as group structure, cetacean positions and movements (speed, heading), or surface events (breaches, blows, boat avoidance, social behaviours, etc). Time and position are automatically recorded with any logged input. Of course, you can also log human actions and movements in order to be able to detect and qualify potential *anthropogenic disturbances*.

An *On-effort Survey logbook* has also been recently added to the app, in which you can regularly indicate weather conditions and environmental data, such as wind speed, cetacean detectability or other parameters, so that you can save useful data even when no cetaceans are in sight.

Your research data remains yours and is only stored on your mobile device.

The app is available for free in English, Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese on the *Play Store*: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.cetaces.padoc . Please don’t hesitate to send us any suggestion or feedback, new features are regularly added to /PADOC/, so every comment you provide could be useful!

You can read more about /PADOC/ on the dedicated page (https://www.cetaces.org/padoc/padoc-application-en/ ); we hope that the app will fulfil your needs during your cetologic fieldworks, and we wish you some merry holidays to end 2022.

Laurent, Adrien and /PADOC/ development team