My co-authors and I are pleased to announce the publication of our new review
article on the Amazon River dolphin (Inia geoffrensis):

Da Silva, VMF; Brum, SM; Mello, DMD; Amaral, RS; Gravena, W; Campbell, E;
Gonçalves, RS, & Mintzer, VJ (2023). The Amazon River dolphin, Inia
geoffrensis: What have we learned in the last two decades of research? Latin
American Journal of Aquatic Mammals, 18(1), 139-157.
https://doi.org/10.5597/lajam00298

ABSTRACT
In the last decades, knowledge about the biology of the Amazon River dolphin
Inia geoffrensis has increased considerably. Accordingly, we present a review
of the published literature on this river dolphin, with a focus on topics with
the most advancements and those that are important to the species conservation.
We also present new information, including emerging knowledge on the other
species of Inia. We summarize the current knowledge of the biology of Inia,
covering aspects of taxonomy, distribution, life history and reproduction,
genetics, anatomy and physiology, health, behavior, ecology, demographic
parameters, and population trends. We also highlight the main anthropogenic
threats affecting the species and the resulting conservation efforts.

The full-text can be found here:
https://lajamjournal.org/index.php/lajam/article/view/1523

Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

Vanessa J. Mintzer, Ph.D.

Wildlife Research Partnerships

vanessamint...@gmail.com

Director of Research, Galveston Bay Foundation
Galveston Bay Dolphin Research Program
http://galvestonbaydolphin.org

​vmint...@galvbay.org

Courtesy Assistant Professor

Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences Program

School of Forest, Fisheries, and Geomatics Sciences

University of Florida

v...@ufl.edu