Dear All,

Apologies for cross posting.

We would like to inform you that the new paper on plastic lure ingestion by
rough-toothed dolphin in Cyprus has been published in the J. Black
Sea/Mediterranean Environment.

Çanakcı, T., Özden, Ö., Fuller, W., Erkol, I.L., Tonay, A.M. 2023. Plastic
lure ingestion by rough-toothed dolphin Steno bredanensis stranded on the
northern coast of Cyprus. J. Black Sea/Mediterranean Environment 29(1):
127-134

https://blackmeditjournal.org/volumes-archive/vol-29-2023/vol-29-2023-no-1/p
lastic-lure-ingestion-by-rough-toothed-dolphin-steno-bredanensis-stranded-on
-the-northern-coast-of-cyprus/

Abstract

Information on the distribution of the rough-toothed dolphin, Steno
bredanensis (G. Cuvier in Lesson, 1828), in the Mediterranean Basin is
limited but has been reported as a regular species, likely to occur
throughout the offshore waters of the Ionian/Levantine areas. This study
reported plastic lures from the stomach content of a stranded individual in
Sadrazamköy (Livera) on the northern coast of Cyprus.

Pdf requests can be sent to ato...@istanbul.edu.tr
<mailto:ato...@istanbul.edu.tr>

Regards

Arda

Arda M. TONAY Ph.D

Faculty of Aquatic Sciences, Istanbul University

Marine Biology Dep.

Kalenderhane Mah. Onaltı Mart Şehitleri Cad. No: 2

Fatih 34134 İstanbul, Türkiye

Tel: +90 212 440 0000/20159   Fax: +90 212 440 0232

ato...@istanbul.edu.tr   http://subilimleri.istanbul.edu.tr/

Turkish Marine Research Foundation (TUDAV)

P.O. Box 10 Beykoz, 34820 İstanbul, Türkiye

Tel: +90 216 424 0772   Fax: +90 216 424 0771

--

*Yasal Uyarı:* Bu elektronik posta, **buradan*
<https://bilgiislem.istanbul.edu.tr/tr/duyuru/e-posta-yasal-uyari-e-mail-disclaimer-6400760071002D0059004B0075004A0039007400480039007900700046006200610041004F003200370077003200>

*ulaşabileceğiniz Koşul ve Şartlara tabidir.
*Disclaimer: *This email is
subject to the Terms and Conditions available *here.*