MareTerra Onlus is offering internships (
https://www.mareterra-erc.org/en/internship) to join research projects on
the conservation of the bottlenose dolphins and marine environment between
May and October 2024 in Sardinia Island (Italy), a hotspot of biodiversity
of the Mediterranean Sea. MareTerra has been a self-financed organization,
since its foundation in 2012.

On board our boats, interns will learn research methods to monitor
bottlenose dolphins' habitat use, abundance and distribution (photo-ID, GIS
and Species Distribution Modelling). Interns will collect georeferenced
data on dolphins, fishing activities and boat traffic that impact their
behaviour. They also participate in bioacoustic data collection. Our
research projects aim to implement measures for marine ecosystem
conservation and promote a sustainable and responsible management of
fishing and tourism activities.
Papers available here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TegikzmahuAUeWMGS3AS-SlCS_s3I_hd?usp=sharing

Working in an international and multicultural team, our interns will play
an active role in environmental education to develop awareness and respect
for the marine environment among tourists and locals on board our boats.

Required skills:
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (English level > B2).
- Self-confidence.
- Flexibility, adaptability to an international work environment and
punctuality.
- Good public relations skills.
- Confidence on board a motorboat and ability to swim properly.
- Minimum age 20, maximum age 30.
We look for people who are highly motivated, responsible and willing to
work long hours in the field.

For any questions and to receive the program and information for applying,
please send an email to:
i...@mareterra-erc.org

Gabriella La Manna, Ph.D.
---