I'm trying to parse VHDL in a tool I've written in Ruby.  I'm interested in
using Marpa for the parsing; I currently have a line-oriented mess of
regex's that work almost all the time for common coding style.

I've done some reading, but I haven't been able to answer the following
questions.  I apologize for asking since I would be surprised if they
aren't already answered *somewhere*.  I *have* looked, but Google results
can give such a random walk....

* For a project starting fresh (and in beta for a few months at least),
should I be starting with Kollos or Marpa::R2 or Marpa::R3 or something
else?

* I finally got libmarpa (kollos branch) compiling by itself.  I go to the
kollos (master) source, and the HOWTO document has me stymied.  Is there a
less terse explanation available for how to compile and use Kollos?

* Any suggestions on how to bridge from another language (Ruby) to Lua/Perl
is appreciated.  I don't think I have time to write new bindings.
I anticipate I'll use some combination of files, sockets, and FFI to cross
the gap.

FWIW, I wrote an Earley parser from scratch in Ruby.  It fun, and it works,
but it's slow.