While I realize the question is really in reference to particulars with
Marpa, I'd wondered how to "test grammars" as well.  I'd initially thought
about proving equivalence, but here's a reasonable explanation about why
that's not possible:

http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/231187/an-efficient-way-to-determine-if-two-context-free-grammars-are-equivalent

However, the discussion points to,

"Comparison of Context-free Grammars Based on Parsing Generated Test Data"
http://slps.github.io/testmatch/

In the present paper, we leverage systematic test data generation, by which
> we mean that test data sets are generated by effective enumeration methods
> for the coverage criteria of interest. These methods do not require any
> configuration. Also, these methods imply minimality of the test data sets
> in both an intuitive and a formal sense.

Has anyone any experience with this, or similar, efforts?