I have written version 3 of my most popular blog post: "Parsing: A Timeline"
<https://jeffreykegler.github.io/personal/timeline_v3>.

There are enough changes that it could be considered a new work.  It is
several times as long, and includes sources.

The previous versions focused entirely on parsing trends that affected
Marpa's development.  In Version 3 the focus is wider, and a lot of the new
material concerns matters of major interest in mainstream parsing, but
which had little or no impact on Marpa.  One of these issues is operator
expression parsing.  A second is combinator parsing and monads.

Comments are welcome.