Hi,

Just out of interest - is your data changing that rapidly between releases that
you need to reconfigure/rebuild the MartEditor XMLs each build?

We automatically rebuild our biomarts nightly,  all we do is just re-run the
SQL generated by MartBuilder (incorporating your new data) and
reconfigure/restart your webserver.*

If you want some more info i'd be happy to show you some of our build code.

Thanks,

Daz

* This is a slightly simplified version.  As our mart build takes a few hours,
(and we don't want our mart to be offline for that long), we run the
MartBuilder SQL into a slave/redundant database and then when we
reconfigure/restart the webserver we point it at the new database, so we get
the minimum amount of downtime we can running off a single apache instance.

On 8 Sep 2010, at 12:14, Richard Holland wrote:

> Word of warning - MartEditor will (highly likely) be replaced in BioMart 0.8,
> with entirely new source code producing an entirely new mart XML format.
>
> cheers,
> Richard
>
> On 8 Sep 2010, at 12:05, Joachim Baran wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 8 September 2010 11:51,  <a.has...@har.mrc.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> File => Naive
>>> File => import