Hi Dave (B). I must have missed this before:

> In reality these are imperialist troops (or in NZ's case of a
> bloated semi-colony) prepared to  back up the Indonesian military if
> it can't keep the lid on the upsurge of mass struggles. The cross
> class backing they are generating at home now will serve the
> imperialists well if it comes to that.

There is agreement between us regarding whether Australia is an
imperialist nation (it is), but why do you consider NZ to be a "bloated
semi-colony"? It would seem to me that if we can characterize Australia
as imperialist, then we should also characterize NZ as imperialist.

Jerry