Can anyone explain to me the relationship between the INLA and the drugs issue. Paul Williams from the Sunday World claims the INLA is essentially a gang of thugs involved in the drug scene from the point of view of pushing them and collecting protection.

Yet if this is so it is hard to believe that up to a 1000 people attended the funeral of the murdered INLA man including prominent Provo fiugures. Can anybody explain this.

Warm regards
George Pennefather

Be free to check out our Communist Think-Tank web site at
http://homepage.tinet.ie/~beprepared/

THE INLA has vowed to hunt down the drugs gang who slayed one of its
members in a bloody confrontation.

Despite frantic efforts by gardai to stop simmering tensions exploding into
open warfare, there are increasing fears that the republican group is about
to launch a violent campaign against the drugs gang.