Yes, I thought Communism would be a permanent Party.

CB

>>> Rob Schaap <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12/24/99 08:25AM >>>
Bugger all this asceticism!  It doesn't say anywhere a leftie can't enjoy a
bit of convivial excess with his or her fellow human beings, does it?  As
Monty Python almost said, I wasn't expecting a phalanx of sombre Franciscan
friars!  So Jesus wasn't actually born on this date, so it's a colonised
pagan feast further transformed by crass commercial opportunism, so Jesus is
not quite our chap (did enjoy that bit about the turning of the merchant's
tables, though), so what?  After all, as the saying almost goes, all serious
theorising and no wanton Bacchanalia makes lefties dull boyz'n'galz.

In my selfless way, I shall be downing a foamy jar for each of you!

A very happy Thaxmas to all!
Rob.