In the opening paragraph of Capital Marx proclaims:

The wealth of those societies in which the capitalist mode of production prevails,
presents itself as "an immense accumulation of commodities," its unit being a single
commodity. Our investigation must therefore begin with the analysis of a commodity.
So the capitalist mode of production can prevail in more than one society.

To say that the "wealth of those societies presents itself as an immense accumulation
of
commodities" is not true. Much of the wealth is in the form of industrial capital
which is
not capital in the form of the commodity. This mistaken premise renders the validity of
making the commodity a starting point questionable on that basis.

Warm regards
George Pennefather

Be free to check out our Communist Think-Tank web site at
http://homepage.eircom.net/~beprepared/

Be free to subscribe to our Communist Think-Tank mailing community by
simply placing subscribe in the body of the message at the following address:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]