>Russ's point is that everything flows/panta rhei, except very occasionally
>and under pretty strong constraints.

Not so much that, but I'll grant I've learnt one hell of a lot from this
little exchange. What I was thinking of was that if capital is the social
relationship between people mediated between the relationship between things
could itever be fixed. I hadn't seen it in terms of the value relationship
per so though- great thing about these lists is that a single mail can shed
new light on shady ignorance.

>Buy gold (and a safe to keep it in, and a cutter to chop it up with, and a
>gun to defend it with)!
>
>Cheers,
>
>Hugh

Sound fiscal advice for crisis perhaps, but if one looks at gold over the
last 50 years it has performed miserably when compared to stocks and shares.
Any comments on i-tulip.com though Hugh? And on the front page of the FT (a
mere 20p for at the uni shop!) there's talk of a shift from .coms back to
Blue Chips. Is this the Last Minute for the .coms?

Russ