I thought similarly. What about Bhakar , before he became idealist ? Is that
the way to spell it ? I was on a list. It sounded like sort of dialectical
materialism to me, but the people interested in it didn't cop to that. There
were a whole lot of people interested in it.

CB

Ralph Dumain
Encyclopedia entries like these can always be improved upon.  There is one
paragraph in this one which puzzles me.  See below.  Examples would have
helped.  Of course there have been philosophers interested in dialectical
materialism as an ontology independent of its political marxist
ramifications.  Some of these were not explicit marxists; others were
sympathetic; some were Marxists; some were dialectical materialists, some
not.  I can't think of anyone offhand who declared himself a dialectical
materialist without being a Marxist.  But you never know.  The reader,
though, can't get much sense out of this paragraph without further
explanation.