Ralph wrote:

"Some time ago I wrote a primer on the history of ideology critique and
social theory for a bunch of local highly educated but clueless
philosophy
yokels (educated in analytical philosophy of course, making them
incapable
of understanding European social theory or getting their heads unstuck
from
their assholes).  In particular I argued that Nietzsche represents a
regression rather than an advance in social theory.  I'll have to put
this
stuff together and make a web page out of it."

Phil Walden replies:

Please do!  I'm sure there are a large number of embattled Marxists out
there who, like me, would benefit from such a web page by you.  I have a
great deal of agreement with what you wrote in your previous post where
this quote (above) appears, and I'm also conscious that I don't know
enough about Nietzsche.  As an aside, in order to differentiate Marx
from Nietzsche I think it might also be possible to bring in the idea
that Marx was interested in ontology whereas Nietzsche wasn't (Bhaskar
-largely implicitly - argues this in his books before his spiritual
turn, and I think he would still argue it).  By "ontology" Bhaskar, of
course, means something very different from Heidegger's fundamental
ontology, the latter being a rather forced, 'poetic', attempt to ignore
social processes in the name of an abstract aristocratic vision.