Proyect seems to have skimmed the anti-Oedipus book and then read one
pamphlet Negri wrote with Guattari.

((By the way, let me point out that the excitement about the Empire
book (Hardt and Negri) might have actually come with a bit more
reading comprehension if some of the many Americans who acclaimed it
had actually read it in relation to Lyotard and D-G. ))

At any rate, Proyect has read more of D-G than most 'Marxists'. But he
is wrong to see them as belonging to some simple Nietzschean tradition
(I have to assume to see them as irrationalist in order to dismiss
them). And he seems to have got so many of the basic facts about them
and their authoring relationship wrong. But then again, most Americans
of his age don't know much about France 1968 because they were caught
up in 1968 US. I really have to recommend D-G's 'What is Philosophy'.
It's a great read, and if someone wants to pay me to review it, I'll
be happy to. I could imagine Wittgenstein would have love it. Some
very interesting analysis of Heidgegger too. It wouldn't be fair to
Louis or his sophomoric attempt at a review of D-G to tell him to read
'What is Philosophy' as some sort of corrective, since the review was
written in 1996 and I think the English-language version of 'What is
Philosophy' came out in 1998. It was, by the way, a bestseller in
France.

CJ