Nestor Gorojovsky wrote:

>> Considering the situation,  "as long as necessary" may well mean
> "forever". Hope I am wrong.

I fear you are correct. It seems to me that Israel is aiming at  the
cultural and political genocide of the Palestinian people as a  people
and the complete incorporation of West Bank & Gaza into  Israel,
scattering the Palestinian people (those who survive) about other  "Arab"
countries as permanent refugees.

But these events in Palestine, combined with the utter inability  of
scattered leftist forces throughout the world to have appreciable  effect
on events, reinforce what has been my growing belief for half a  decade:
that leftists in the U.S. (and probably in Europe, Japan,  Australia,
Canada) have only one core task, that of creating themselves AS A  LEFT.
Until we do so our views and responses to the actions of the U.S.  and
other core capitalist powers are merely a joke.

Carrol