I differ here with both BodyS and Hugh Rodwell. I think Marx applied the term
fetishism to denote the singularity that in capitalist societies the commodity
form of our mutual objects converts them to fetishes that provide the
recognition of social relations in the imaginary form through concealing the
reality whenever we exchange our products we equate the different kind of labor
expended in production. As a result, the real relations of production is
disavowed and at the same time accepted but through fetishism in an illusory
fashion.

Mehmet Çagatay
http://weblogmca.blogspot.com/