Can you tell me what VEBA stands for in the response that you were given?

Phil Walden

----

On 9/9/09, Phil Walden <phil at pwalden.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> I have the GM bankruptcy petition in front of me and under an item called
> "Employee Obligations" it details that an amount of $20 billion has been
> paid to the unions, although over what period it does not say.
>

> Have officials in the GM unions been taking massive bribes and
backhanders?
> Or is there some other explanation for this $20 billion?
>

> Phil Walden

Someon gave me this response:

Not sure without checking with others but maybe it refers to the money
paid to the VEBA.  That changed over time but ended up being a
combination of cash and stock.

I don't think the problem in the UAW is taking bribes - it might be
easier to fix if that was the problem.  They lack a class struggle
approach to fighting the company.

Things I've heard about Gettelfinger is that he's basically honest but
lacks any strategic vision at all of how to build broad unity,
including unity with the rest of the class, to win.

- John