>>In an interview with Fox News, the president said: "It is important to
recognize if we keep on adding to the deficit, even in the midst of
this recovery, that at some point people could lose confidence in the
US economy in a double-dip recession." Maybe he didn't mean it. Or was
merely nodding to Chinese leaders, our leading creditor, who had
scolded him for profligate spending.<<

Oh,well, he and Timmy and a few others at cabinet level say things
like this because they hope that if they say such things they can
cheapen the dollar without it collapsing and get a couple years break
on having to sell ever more government bonds--long terms ones, they
hope, in order to lock in 0% interest rates for debtors.

I don't think HISTORY is going to be so kind to this manisfestation of
hope (wishful thinking). Imperialists shouldn't wish, they should just
drop bombs and get on with running the world. I suppose the Congress
will get around to drafting an 'ally tax' and try to get Europe and E.
Asia to pay for the 'wars' soon.

CJ