I don't know if this is representative. They don't like some
Constitutional Amendments that come after 1913 ( like women voting ?
smile). So, do they not consider the provision on the Constitution on
Amendments valid , or what ?

CB

http://taxdayteaparty.com/2010/01/constitutional-reform/

Constitutional Reform Posted by Eric Odom on Jan 12, 2010 in Daily Tea |
The following was submitted for posting and I’ve published it on
behalf of the author.

-Eric
——————–

I am perplexed by the issues that are facing our nation right now. But
I am even more concerned that the root of these problems are not being
addressed. The answer to everything that ails this nation is the
Constitution. We are losing our freedoms because we are ignoring the
Constitution as put forth by our Founding Fathers. Washington is
taking liberties that do not belong to them, and they have the
arrogance to ignore the citizen protests in the process.

The Constitution is very clear in stating where the power lies. It is
with the people, and the States in which they reside. We have been far
too complacent in letting the Federal government, aided and abetted by
the Progressive movement, to erode and transfer this power, beginning
with the constitutional amendments ratified in 1913. In much the same
way that Esau sold his birthright to Jacob for a mess of pottage, the
States sold their birthright to the Federal government. It is time to
take this birthright back.

What I would like to explore and debate, with the help of other
conservatives such as the Liberty Alliance, is using the ballot
initiative process (in the 24 States that use ballot initiatives)

to force a Constitutional Convention designed to restore the
Constitution back to a document designed to ensure the liberties of
its citizenry.

Some of the restorative changes I would like to see are as follows:

1. Reiterate the 10th Amendment which already states that the federal
government does not have the power or authority to introduce programs
such as health care.

2. Rescind the 16th Amendment. Let the States set the Federal budgets
and collect monies needed for the operation of the Federal government.
This will end the progressive movement, pork barrel spending, most
corruption, influential lobby groups, and much more. It will also
allow the States to make decisions that are better suited to the needs
of its own citizens in areas such as healthcare, education, and much
more. It will also put an end to tax dollars being used to bail out
companies that should be allowed to fail. This change would make the
federal government subservient to the States, rather than controlling
the States. In turn, this would put an end to enough wasteful spending
that would allow States to balance their budget deficits.

3. Force a balanced budget amendment. No more borrowing or printing
money. Put an end to the Federal Reserve. This will protect our
currency and allow America to lead the world economically.

4. Rescind the 17th Amendment. Let the State Senators be appointed by
the States. This will give direct power to the States and put an end
to the need for term limits.

5. Require that all foreign treaties be ratified by the Senate with a
two-thirds majority, essentially letting the States determine foreign
policy by virtue of the States appointing and controlling the
Senators. This will ensure against being absorbed into the
International community and protect our Sovereignty, and respect for
American law over International law.

6. Define the meaning of “regulating interstate commerce” to mean that
Congress shall encourage interstate commerce and shall do nothing to
hinder interstate commerce.

7. Reiterate property rights by restricting eminent domain.

It is not my intention of defining in detail the Constitutional
changes that need to be made that will end federalism, shrink the
government and restore freedoms. I need the feedback of those much
smarter than me. But I see no alternative. Fighting and debating
Washington is like debating your four year old. It is pointless, when
neither of them have any power except that which you are willing to
succeed them.

If I could come up with specific language to be used in any ballot
initiatives, I see great synergies in using the grassroots movement
that has developed this past year in moving these initiatives forward.

I am looking for assistance in this endeavor. Although I would prefer
to just raise my family and run my business, I sense an urgency in
correcting this and am willing to dedicate my time and efforts to this
cause.

Regards,
Lyndon Brittner
lbritt...@connect2.com

February 8, 2010 at 3:35 am
Lesser words are not meant in less meaning…

Politics has become a business. From there, all evil has sprung. We
NEED to stop the career minded campaign politician.

Term Limits. << That little punctuation right there is a period. I
don’t infer that there are no other problems to solve. Only that
explaining that further is like describing what happens when you shut
a door. Unnecessary rhetoric. If half of those in office knew they
would need a different job at the end of 18 years- outside of
representing their state -and if the lobbyists knew that business
relationships were short lived, we wouldn’t have HALF of the mess we
have now. Healthcare, unsecure borders, bailouts, etc…all would
dwindle to minimal debate.

Before Constitutional revision, we need Constitutional enforcement and
we ALL know it.
 Jim L says:
January 21, 2010 at 11:58 pm
I agree 100%. But we need to once and for all say that the 2nd
Amendment is an individual right and that it Shall Not Be Infringed
Upon by any means. With out the ability of the people to take up arms
and put the people back in charge of the Government. Then simply put,
all the other rights of the people are just words. The founding
fathers knew that and that is why it is the 2nd amendment only after
Freedom Of Speech.
 William C. says:
January 20, 2010 at 10:50 pm
I basically agree with John Thomas, but I would go further and say
that a Constitutional Convention is the last thing that we need. What
we DO NEED is a more intelligently educated electorate. One that was
not educated in lockstep mass by the governmental bureaucracy
following their own Liberal interpretations of the Liberal
governmental legislative bodies, but the same educational foundation
that existed at the time of the writting of the United States
Constitution. Of course there wiuld be a Liberal argument against
that, as the hate the Constitution as it is, but when one thinks of
the intensely powerful document of civic order that was written by our
Founding fathers, one has got to honestly admit that there are feww of
todays products of government run education that come close to
comparing with the vastly superior intellecual pool as evidenced.

John Thomas notes, and rightly so, that if there is a real need for
another amendment to an already perfectly clear document, then it is
the job of the legislators to bring it before Congress, work out the
detasil in no unclear terms, and then submit it to the people.

Then, we need to be absolutely certain that we elect Congressmen and
Senators who will not stand by with their thumbs inserted, the better
to swivel with, who will hold out also out of control United States
Supreme Court from stripping our rights away in the name of some
special interest groups, such as the gun haters, the abomination
lovers, and the outright stuoid ones who reject the very foundation
upon which the Forefathers built this Christian nation.

Put the power back into the family. Put the power back into the Church
the Peter built for Christ, and put the Power back into the people to
tell the government, be it the administrative branch, the legislative
branch, OR the judicial branch, to get their corrupt noses out of the
people’s business, be it educational, be it a matter of free speech,
be it a matter of the right to possess and bear firearms (the
Constitution does nor make any distinction as to what brand, caliber,
or any other factor, or even prior conviction for any crime whatever .
. . once a felon has served his court mandated penalty, he is supposed
to be released and not strapped with a label of ex-convict for the
rest of his life; if he screws up again, lock his hinnie back up for a
few times longer and make his life utterly miserable for all the time
the fool has bought for himself).

Probably the two things that need to be done the most is, No. 1. Make
it very damned clear to politicians that holding political office is
not a career; thet they ARE NOT our leaders; that they are indeed
elected public servants and they can either act like it or be held to
recall [stating unequivocally that being recalled is mandatorily
grounds for criminal prosecution], and No. 2. The nationwide setting
of Term Limitations on the holding of politcal office at a maximum of
twenty-four year and any and all levels of government with a maximum
of twelve years at any one position.

Right now, possibly No. 2, above and certainly the necessary
corrections to the Eligibility Conditions provision are the only two
things that need to be considered on the Amendment question. If a
little boy has to show his birth cirtificate to0 play Little League
baseball, then the fool who wants to be president needs to show a
whole lot more besides.

As for the marriage question, if the people would insist that the
government, from puke-mopper-upper in the Congressional Lounge to the
yahoos in black on the federal benches would get their noses out of
the peoples businnes on the matter of the Church, which is the entire
intent of the First Amendment (to keep the government’s nose totally
and forever out of the matters of religion and any so-called
exclusionary clause be damned)and gave religious rights back to the
people and their churches, the matter of marriage would revert to the
church, where it belongs (marriage is a sacred institution belonging
to God) and the government would loose one more tax on religion - the
marriage License is a government tax on marriage).

I could go on and on, but I think you begin to get my point. Whether
you do or not depends, of course, on whether you are a beffuddled fool
following a fantastic fallacy, or you are an honest and realistic
thinker. You ARE one or the other, by your own choice.
 John Thomas says:
January 20, 2010 at 4:08 pm
I do not believe a Constitutional Convention (please grow up and stop
using con con, article V and other meaningless terms) is not the
proper way to go about it. I feel we should heed Madison’s warning on
the issue. It would be a worse mess than congress is now. Who would
decide the number or delegates? Yes it is limited to proposing
amendments, but what kind of idiotic ideas would come out of it? We do
need amendments, but by electing people to Congress who agree with us
and getting them voted on. If we can’t get it through Congress, what
chance do you think we could have enough delegates to steer it in a
way we like? As far as the 750 plus calls by States, it never reached
2/3 of the number of States on any issue in even a liberal
interpretation if being contemporaneous, which I believe is a proper
interpretation. If you really feel it is the way, and I heartily
disagree, then work on your legislature of your state and have them
issue a request for a convention.
« Older Comments Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
 Name (required)

 Mail (will not be published) (required)

 Website