wrote:
> The entire article looks dubious and would require a lifetime to discuss.

CB: A lifetime ?  What is dubious ?

> I think the overall thrust of the accounts I posted excerpts from is
> formed thus: that syntactisized upper body

^^^^^
CB: Why upper body ?  Body language includes the lower body , too, the
whole body.

^^^^^

gesturing and sophisticated
> vocalization abilities

^^^^^^^
CB: A lightbulb just went on for me with your emphasis on gesturing.
You are just saying that a "sign language" came before a vocalized
medium for language, no ?

^^^^

converged and were somehow (not yet explained)