Right now they seem to be the best way to mess up the Repugnican
Party-- a sort of reverse George Will strategy, if you will (I think
it was he who first put out the idea of a permanent, united Republican
majority in power). I always said the Repugs were more fractious and
class-divided than the Democrats. The warpig administration of
Obama-Emanuel couldn't give a toss about the 10% of the US populace
that is anti-war and hates both parties. If they vote at all, it will
be during presidential elections for the least bad warpig. But look
how useful the teabaggers are: they will keep black and Hispanic
(non-Cuban) voters voting 100% plus for Obama and his warpig
Demoncrats. And if the teabaggers split the Repugs (while attracting
racist, xenophobic independents still searching for their lost Ross
Perot), it will help keep a reasonably unpopular Obama in office for a
second term. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the biggest
supporters of the teabaggers in key races is Rahmbo E and his bagmen.

CJ