Outside the orthodoxy of the two-party US, Kucinich retained his
congressional seat.

VICTORY: We won, 53% - 44%

Dear Friends,

Your support made it possible for our campaign to have a strong media
presence in the closing days of the election, so that we were able to
withstand the powerful anti-incumbent tide which swept across the
nation. Five incumbent House Democrats lost in Ohio. The entire state
ticket went down. Democrats lost control of the Ohio House. Yet, in
the midst of this electoral disaster we survived because of your
constant help. People forget that when I was first elected to the
House in 1996, I won a seat which was held by a Republican incumbent.

I was able to strengthen the district through constituent service and
focusing in Washington on economic issues which related to the
practical aspirations of people: Jobs, trade, health care, education,
Social Security, pensions, as well as environment and peace. I have
spent the past decade and more challenging the Democratic Party as
well as the Republican Party on the central tenets of an economic
orthodoxy which tolerates massive unemployment, disinvestment,
acceleration of the wealth of America upwards and endless war.

You have made it possible for me to be your voice on many issues of
importance to the people of the 10th District and United States. I
begin each day with grateful heart and thoughts of those who make my
life and my work possible, people like you.

Thank you and much love,
Dennis