In a message dated 11/26/2010 8:20:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
_pegdobb...@gmail.com_ (mailto:pegdobb...@gmail.com)  writes:

So am I to hope my children are less bamboozled by SW than we by SV?   My
son tells me Netflix is useful to him and has higher "earnings"(that's SV,
right?) than USS

Comrade

My intent was not to ignore your question.

I am a regular user of Netflix, with specific grips about which movies are
regulated to mail and not available for instant "play." Their mix of models
 seems to run behind our technology capacity and the needs of consumers.

My comments were meant to be on the level of changes - qualitative, in the
meaning of system -  finance capital today, rather than during the time of
Lenin. Posing this thread as "Did Lenin predict" implies no fundamental
changes  in the actual functioning of finance capital. Finance capital once
referred to  banking capital and earlier merchant capital, in my opinion.

I offer as "proof" of qualitative changes in the functioning of finance
capital the rise of a new post 1973 rise - to be exact, of NON  BANKING
financial architecture.

The quality that has changed is the substance of modern finance capital
that is outside of and evolves based on detachment from production of surplus
value.

In my opinion a form of wealth can change qualitatively before the
production relations of a society leap forward. The form of wealth of bourgeois

society has changed. Wealth as a "property" of the ruling class has not
changed.  This happened as the leap - transition, from feudalism to capitalism.
The  primary form of private property as the feudal relation was land as
opposed to  ownership of tools or means of production. What began the breakdown
of feudalism  was the transition in the form of wealth from land - as
primary, to gold or  movable property.

Wealth today is a very super symbolic abstract thing not riveted to gold or
 any tangible.

This is the change.

WL.