The Z guy writes as if he was a real participant in the movement in 1968. I
don't remember him, but I do remember how effective agent lefter-than-thou
provocateurs sabotaged us, feeding our resentment when leaders ignored our
advice, took us for granted, and made mistakes, fomenting paranoia and
dissension, splintering, bitterness and remember "burn out?."  By 1973 people
with grants from the Ford Foundation et al who sort of looked and sort of
sounded like we had, had usurped our popular influence and begun to effectively
marginalize anyone serious about grounding the movement in Marxist theory, who
had btw, been pretty dang effective at drawing the center toward the left.

Peggy Powell Dobbins
Sociology as an Art Form
www.peggydobbins.net