I think the ruling class has not ended its counter-reform
(Thatcher-Reagan) movement, but continued to develop more attacks,
maybe.  The attack on public education in the US , especially teachers
, is going on now , too. The reform movement of the 1960's was
centered especially in colleges and schools. Teachers from higher to
lower education are a cadre of radicalizers. So, the ruling class is
targetting them all to prevent the next radical reform movement.

CB