From: Marv Gandall

On 2011-01-16, at 3:30 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> I try to avoid (not always too successfully) psychoanalyzing other people,
> and I reject off hand attempts to read my mind. (Reading minds and
> psychoanalyzing or psychological analysis are more or less synonymous
> terms.) Repugnance is a matter of taste, not a political judgment. The DP,
> which consistently, in office and out of office, acts like a governing
> party, is more dangerous than the Republican Party?

I haven't been reading your mind, Carrol. I've been reading your many
posts over the years.

^^^^^
CB: Sounds like you r practicing Behaviorism, Marv, an honorably
materialist tradition in bourgeois psychology. Is it empirical phenomenlogy ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._F._Skinner

Burrhus Frederic Skinner (March 20, 1904 – August 18, 1990) was an
American psychologist, author, inventor, social philosopher,[1][2][3]
and poet.[4] He was the Edgar Pierce Professor of Psychology at
Harvard University from 1958 until his retirement in 1974.[5]

Skinner invented the operant conditioning chamber, innovated his own
philosophy of science called Radical Behaviorism,[6] and founded his
own school of experimental research psychology—the experimental
analysis of behavior. His analysis of human behavior culminated in his
work Verbal Behavior, which has recently seen enormous
increase[citation needed] in interest experimentally and in applied
settings.[7]

Skinner discovered and advanced the rate of response as a dependent
variable in psychological research. He invented the cumulative
recorder to measure rate of responding as part of his highly
influential work on schedules of reinforcement.[8][9] In a June, 2002
survey, Skinner was listed as the most influential psychologist of the
20th century.[10] He was a prolific author who published 21 books and
180 articles.[11][12]
^^^^