John writes about the shouted (ALL CAPS) slogan: "Because the audience for the
statement was the people on this list, some of whom are skeptical about that
"people's revolution". In that context it is no threat to the revolution and
will not bring intervention any closer. It was being declared to a group who I
think unanimously oppose intervention and would understand that context."

Well, perhaps, although I took the way things have been expressed to suggest
that this will be a banner I'll be seeing at the next demonstration (if indeed
it hasn't already been seen at a demonstration I've missed). And, based on my
experience over the years in relation to Iran, I frankly expect to see that
banner but with the first half missing, namely, "Victory to the People's
Revolution in Libya" WITHOUT the "U.S. Hands Off" portion, and I expect to see
that from people calling themselves "left."

That's of course over and above the lesser issue that nothing on this list is
actually private, and you could well hear Glenn Beck (who just for example
shows videos from PSL conferences on his show, videos that were available on
the Internet just as these conversations are available) talking about it.

Eli Stephens
 Left I on the News
 http://lefti.blogspot.com