On 3/4/2011 1:03 PM, Paddy Apling wrote:

What was this message replying to?

I just do not understand what you are talking about.

Paddy
http://apling.freeservers.com

This was a reference to me unsubbing Walter. As if he was being "expelled" from a revolutionary organization, an experience he went through in the SWP. To my knowledge, it was impossible for people to belong to the SWP with phony names and no obligation to pay a penny in dues--hallmarks of course of listserves. That of course is the whole basis of the critiques by Malcolm Gladwell and Evgeny Morozov, namely that the Internet cannot be a substitute for traditional political organizing.

I agree with this only partially. I never created Marxmail as some kind of incipient party. In this I differ from the Kasama Project, for example. I only saw it as a place where Marxists could debate with each other. Even though the road has been bumpy, I think it has fulfilled its goal.