I have to disagree. Maybe my conception of the lumpen is incorrect but my
understand is its those outside of aristocracy, bourgeoisie, proletariats
and peasants. They are a mixture of groups, from mobsters to as Marx said
(maybe jokingly) as Louis Bonaparte. And I think those that take part in
these black bloc actions are usually the squatter anarchist who is not a
proletarian and is looking for destruction.

I further reject the idea they are all middle class kids looking for
oppression. No doubt those people exist, but I meet many of the black bloc
anarchists and they live in their "communes" of sorts and very well may for
their whole lives and are not just middle class kids who are rebelling
against their suburban upbringing.

I'd really really be interested in what Bakunin would say about these
actions, haha. I think he would love it. But I don't know how serious he
was about the idea of arming the lumpens and telling them to cause havoc...
I only vaguely remember it from Statism and Anarchy, I'll have to go back
and read it again.

Tristan