When Joe Biden first ran for president - he courted Gay groups support  - and
promised he would supportGay/Lesbian rights.  After failing to get the
nomination and being the candidate, he then voted in Congressagainst Gay
rights.  The best place to check his voting record would be on military
spending - and of course his activites andpositions he took on Nicaragua, El
Salvador, Grenada, Panama, 1991 Gulf War and the barbaric cut off ofmedical and
food to Iraq by the Clinton Administration, that caused so many civilian deaths
with a highnumber being children and the elderly.  Biden supports the current
military efforts in many nations, fromColumbia to the Philippines - and the
bases and drones.  He favors military weapons over providing needed social
services in this nation and around the world.  He supports an empire and
militarism andnot peaceful living with others.  Biden was and is a big
supporter of the Clintons, especially Hilary .  Itwas the Clintons who cut
taxes for the wealthy, overturned the financial security laws passed under
FDR(Glass Seagal), promoted outsourcing of jobs and attacks on labor unions,
never removed Taft Hartleyand supported and had passed NAFTA.  Bill Clinton did
cut welfare support for the poor while givingwelfare to the wealthy in the
formo of oil depletion allowances, agricultural supplements and other nicewords
- which were government welfare support programs.  Check who gave Joe Biden
financial support while U. S. Senator - and the corporate list will reveal
whohe also supported efforts for.  I notice that Dick Cheney and George W. Bush
continue to not be chargedwith treason - but the whistle blower pvt. Bradlley
Manning is facing treason charges.  No one diedbecause of Brad Manning, many
died because of Bush/Cheney.  Biden supports Manning's prosecutionand done
nothing to prosecute Cheney! Real progressives can not support militarism -
period.  Honest trade unionists understand there is notfinancial resources for
both guns and butter - and social services and infrastructure should always
bepreferred over empire building and militarism for corporate control of world
resources and increasedrepression at home and eroding rights.     > From:
gkiss...@nyc.rr.com