 From: Louis Proyect <l...@panix.com>
To: Mr. Goodman <godisamethod...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, August 3, 2012 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Marxism] PL: U.S. Collaboration With Syrian Terrorist Groups
Confirmed

On 8/3/12 12:33 PM, stansfield smith wrote:

> U.S. Collaboration With Syrian Terrorist Groups Confirmed
>
> Washington, Aug 2 (Prensa Latina) United States have helped for
> months opposition armed groups in Syria after President Barack Obama
> signed an executive secret order with that end.

Of course Cuba would take this tack, given its orientation to the Non-Aligned
Movement. If the USA is hostile to the Baathists and to the Cuban CP, they will
tend to protect each other.

Cuba's foreign policy, however, should not be a model for the left. In 1968
when Mexican students were being massacred by the army and police, Fidel Castro
did not make a single speech denouncing the PRI. In that very same year, when
Franco was killing and torturing CP'ers and Basque nationalists in Spain, Cuba
did not protest--not even once. That was because fascist Spain defied the trade
embargo, just like Mexico.

I can understand why a country under siege would make such a mistake but
sycophants like Stansfield Smith have no excuse.

http://greenhouse.economics.utah.edu/mailman/options/marxism/godisamethodist%40yahoo.com