"History will absolve me" by Fidel Castro Ruz

El pueblo armado jamas sera aplastado!

________________________________
 From: Nick Fredman <nick.fred...@optusnet.com.au>
To: Mr. Goodman <godisamethod...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Marxism] What's a good novel for 13-14 year olds?

Not fiction but maybe one for the history teachers, and parents, and maybe
for a younger demographic, but I'm becoming quite a fan of the books and BBC
version of Horrible Histories, along with our 8-year-old (and somewhat less
appropriately, given how gory it is, our not quite 4-year-old), particularly
the often hilarious songs in the TV version.

Not particularly radical overall, apart from the need for potential Marxists
to get a good sense of history, but there's a few slyly subversive lyrics,
e.g. We're just listened to 'The four Georges': "Born to rule over
you/Georges 4, 3, 1 and 2/You had to do what we told you to/Just because our
blood was blue...People hated us, and we hated them too" etc.

The most subversive songs are:

Luddites
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgBiGrpWNQU

William Wallace, Scottish rebel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g61xASD-24

Suffragette city
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VamBADwizd8

Boudicca
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LhT7rCC6O8

Not at all radical but hilarious are the ancient Celtic hip hop boast battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXgtZbrcxBQ
and the Viking soft rock anthem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qSkaAwKMD4

http://greenhouse.economics.utah.edu/mailman/options/marxism/godisamethodist%40yahoo.com