i haven't said anything against HM. I know 99% of HM editorial board in uk.
Prob the main person is a close personal friend, another was my lodger.
Budgen is, at best, seriously disliked by the rest of the board. To claim
HM for budgen's credit, esp. on the terms you've given, seems to elide over
the fact he's never published anything etc etc

I was going to copy edit for HM, but it works out at less than a fifth of
minimum wage; this is sebastian's doing, and indicative of his poisonous
influence on the left. Gossip aside, do u not think the academic
colonisation of the radical/ marxist left is not in the tiniest bit
problematic?

Before going back to uni, aged about 36, I was a docker [longshoreman] and
then a carpenter. I can promise you people in those sort of jobs don't give
a fat fuck about anything that's ever published in HM. I, however, lap it
up. But only because I know it's niche esoterica for people like us - if
you seriously believe that articles about hegel's influence on fichteanism
or whatever = a future blueprint for humanity, then you're in need of
psychiatric help.

Myself, I tend to think somebody's attitude towards rape apology remains
fairly important.

Jamie