The attempted murder of Christy Mack is sickening. On August 8th, Mack’s
former partner Jonathan Koppenhaver (also known by his Mixed Martial Arts
name “War Machine”) broke into Mack’s house; for hours he viciously beat
her, threatened to kill her and attempted to rape her. Only after he left
the room did Mack manage to escape with her life. At the end of it all she
had 18 broken bones in her face, shattered and knocked out teeth, broken
ribs and a ruptured liver. Her leg was so badly injured by Koppenhaver that
Mack has trouble walking.

The public response to this heinous act has been equally gut-wrenching.
Right-wing pundits and internet commentators have trotted out a predictable
but no less destructive line: that Mack’s history as a pornographic actor
somehow made her deserving of this horrifying abuse and torture. It is
unfortunately par for the course, a continuation of the vicious and
disgusting cycle of victim-blaming and slut-shaming that normalizes
violence against sex workers.

This is the last fucking straw. As sex workers, he have had enough. We are
sick of the public (including much of the left) clinging to the vestiges of
a puritanical past. Therefore, with all due defiance and anger, we welcome
you to a nuanced position on sexuality and labor: the work of sex.
the rest is online:
http://redwedgemagazine.com/articles/labor-intensive-defense-sex-work
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu