New from Linux Beach in San Antonio:

     If Obama doesn't want to do it, he'll go to Congress

<http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2014/08/if-obama-doesnt-want-to-do-it-hell-go.html>

That's what the commentator or politician, I didn't get the name, said on CNN this morning. He was talking about President Barack Obama's threat to attack ISIS in Syria. His point was that if Obama was bluffing and really didn't want to attack, as was the case after Bashar al-Assad's use of sarin to kill more than a thousand people in East Ghouta, Syria last year, he would go to Congress and let it die. If he did want to bomb ISIS in Syria, he would just do it.

When Obama was looking for a reason to renege on his promise to attack Assad if he killed with chemical weapons, he took his problem to Congress. Most of the anti-imperialist /"Left"/ promptly started organizing anti-war protests to protect Assad from Obama, /as if/ Obama ever had any real intentions of attacking the fascist dictator that for years he has been publicly appealing to /"step down"/ voluntarily.

When Congress did what everyone knew they would do, oppose Obama's /"proposed"/ military action against Assad, the whole anti-imperialist /"Left"/ burst out in celebration, took credit for the /"reversal"/, and bragged about their growing power. I heard David Swanson do exactly that when he spoke in Los Angeles afterwards. Now he calls <http://warisacrime.org/blog/1568> Obama's new bombing in Iraq without going to congress first /"justified."/ What jerks these people are! At the time I likened them to the little boy in car commercial dressed as Darth Vader that thinks he started the family car with /"the Force,"/ while his father creates the magic with the cars remote start.

*More...* <http://claysbeach.blogspot.com/2014/08/if-obama-doesnt-want-to-do-it-hell-go.html>

Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu