On 9/3/14 5:48 PM, Lüko Willms via Marxism wrote:

on Mittwoch, 3. September 2014 at 14:34, Thomas Campbell via Marxism wrote:

Local NGO Latest to Be Listed as ‘Foreign Agent’

   Just have a look at US-american laws.

   Search for "Voorhis" (or is itt "Voorhuis"?)

I don't know much about the problems NGO's face in the USA but I have been following the victimization of dissidents pretty carefully. Pussy Riot goes to prison for "sacrilege" while a couple of people who had sexual intercourse in St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC in order to get mentioned on a shock jock radio show got a slap on the wrist. In Russia you can't even get permission to organize a gay pride demonstration while in NYC the Catholic Church finally dropped opposition to gay groups being contingents of the St. Patrick's Day parade. These freedoms were not gifts from the ruling class but won through struggle. Russia is in the throes of a nationalistic/Orthodox church deep freeze and it is regrettable that so many on the left cheer Putin on as if he is Che Guevara.

Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu