http://www.maysaloon.org/2014/09/us-strikes-in-syria.html

'Last year many of those same people cheered with joy that strikes against the
Assad regime were averted after he used chemical weapons against the Syrian
people. Since then the death toll in Syria has risen to over 200,000. But they
have nothing to say about that. They've been too busy spending the last year
basking in the warm glow of their own self righteousness. Since then Assad and
his Shiite allies have managed to push back the Free Syrian Army (without ever
challenging ISIS seriously) and ISIS has emerged from a fringe lunatic group to
a lunatic messianic state controlling an area larger than the size of England.
The non-interventionists are responsible for this turn of events, and they are
responsible for the rise of ISIS. They offered no solutions, only obstacles.
They don't have a position you can criticise. They just insist that nobody have
a position either, that Syrians die for the principles of somebody else;
somebody who can rubber-stamp the revolution and say, "Yes, y
 ou're a bonafide revolution and we approve of you", and say to them, "We will
sing your praises in post-graduate Middle East courses across the Western world
for all time, and write books about your sacrifices". '
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu