Since everybody knew the US was going to bomb in Syria, what was the point
in specifically informing the Assad regime? Was it to get their permission
- so the US planes won't be painted, necessitating taking out some of his
forces - so that Assad could feel secure in reserving his air force for
bombing Syrian civilians that very same day? And was bombing the anti-Assad
JAN part of the deal made with Assad?

As for Assad's storied air defense, why hasn't he ever brought down any
Israeli planes over Syria? They have been there often enough!

And certainly al Nusra, like everyone else, knew Obama was going to bomb in
Syria, but they didn't know they were going to be a target. Hell, they
didn't know they had a new name until Obama announced it. That was the
surprise I was talking about. Are you really that dense?

And what do you mean by "despie protestations that the US would not hit
ISIS in Syria"? By who? Where do you get your news?

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions
Venice, CA 90291
(310) 581-1536

<http://wlcentral.org/user/2965/track>

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:49 AM, DW via Marxism <