On 9/24/14 2:01 PM, Ron Jacobs wrote:
I am not trying to convince anybody of anything, Louis.  Provoke,
perhaps, but not convince.

The real issue is the same as it was with Seymour Hersh. He asks you to believe what an unnamed spook told him about sarin gas and Lamb ask you to trust his sources, like this:

"This observers friend of more than three years, whose name is withheld for his security, but who is known to several foreigners here who seek English speaking ‘fixers’ has lived most of his life in Barzeh and he knows many of the militia guys. He reports that currently there are only two foreign fighters in Barzeh, one from Algeria and one from Saudi Arabia. He expressed shock to me that last week one of his best child-hood friends—who joined al Nusra eighteen months ago, suddenly disappeared. A few days later my friend got a ‘what’s up’ message from Turkey with a telephone number to call his friend. He did and learned to his amazement, since his friend was one of the leaders of al Nusra locally, that his fried had shaved his beard, changed his style of clothing and left Barzeh without telling anyone. Now he reports that he wears shorts and swims during the day on the Turkish coast and no longer has any desire to fight anyone."

This bullshit is laughable.
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu