#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

An October 23, 2014 review of Naomi Klein's This Changes Everything in the
London Review of Books:

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n20/paul-kingsnorth/the-four-degrees

Spoiler - Concluding sentences:

Kahneman won a Nobel Prize for his work on the psychology of human
decision-making, which may be why he’s so gloomy. ‘This is not what you might
want to hear,’ he says, but ‘no amount of psychological awareness will overcome
people’s reluctance to lower their standard of living. So that’s my bottom
line: there is not much hope. I’m thoroughly pessimistic. I’m sorry.’

In other words, the truth doesn't set us free.

Apologies if link doesn't open or if this was already posted. Let me know if
you need the article.

redar...@gmail.com