#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

i am responding primarily because i see little defense of louis in these
exchanges and i tend to stay out of them. while he obviously needs little help
from the likes of me i want to say that i do not believe i am ill served by him
as a moderator and that i am on this list only because of him. sometimes i am
distressed by the exchanges but understand that i am coming in late on long
running arguments. i find that louis' occasional vitriol has clarified
divisions on the left that previously have been opaque to me. i also have seen
him respond to quite bizarre accusations. i don't know how he finds the energy
to respond at all. some of the shit he deals with just makes me tired.

case in point.

i have no idea what you mean by the below. it doesn't seem to work at all.
literally or ironically.

I agree that we are ill served by our moderator, who is not only an
irritable duffer prone to ad hominem attacks, but also willfully ignores
the overwhelming evidence that Putinist Russia, since it has already solved
all its own problems at home in the most egalitarian, progressive,
democratic, and humane way possible, is an anti-imperialist, leftist
paradise uniquely placed to liberate "millions of Ukrainians" from
their brutal "far-right regime":