#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

This poll makes for depressing reading. How is it even heartening that more
people are skeptical about the American Dream. It's a sick dream to start with,
and still a majority think that they can get rich by hard work. And they are
more concerned that too many government regulations will hurt growth than they
are with rising inequality. People here too often have the most muddled ideas,
as we have seen over and over gain during our 13-year sojourn all around the
country. Plus decades of pro-market, anti-government propaganda, horrid schools
and horrible teachers, the complete demise of labor unions, war-making,
worthless media, etc. have taken a real toll. We've become numb to suffering,
murder, torture, and all that makes us social beings.
There are, of course, hopeful signs, as we see with the responses to police
murdering black people. We may see a resurrection of the black liberation
struggle, and this could do wonderful things. However, how many people will
have to be dragged kicking and screaming into a new day?