#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 01/14/2015 02:30 PM, Dennis Brasky wrote:
"re: equating satire and ridicule of the religion of the powerful (Catholic Church) with degrading the religion of the weak and powerless -"

The difference between you and me, Dennis, is that I am out there helping the weak and powerless, the undocumented immigarnts that are exploited and suffer from racism. I am out there, doing my bit in the same union, and supporting the massive strikes by undocumented immigrants in the hotel industry in France. I am out there helping undocumented comrades from the service union spread the word and resit their opressor.

You, on the other hand, are out there claiming that reactionary forces have a right to crush the weakest and most vulnerable : women and Muslim immigrants, under the heel of patriarchy and obscurantism.

That is the essential difference between me and you.

Do you not realize that religious conservatism is the handmaiden of capitalism ? I would think that the ability to distinguish between the oppressed and oppressor is the ABC of any type of leftist worldview.