#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Funny, when I show it to undergrads they get upset that they are pictured
as party animals and think all dox should be more balanced. They often
don't understand rhetorical structures and are used to Ken Burns types of
dox. Plenty of problems in the film, especially the, "you don't really need
college" section. Yeah, if you are highly motivated on your own, maybe not.
but that's not the students I teach at a major research university.

--
J.A. Masko
College of Communications

“There are deeper strata of truth in cinema, and there is such a thing as
poetic, ecstatic truth. It is mysterious and elusive, and can be reached
only through fabrication and imagination and stylization.”

-Werner Herzog, “LESSONS OF DARKNESS”