#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I admit I've never been to the US, so I may be wrong.

But from the comments of the US and British leftists it seems that
religious identities are more important in the anglophone world than
they are in the ex-USSR.
I think this has something to do with the legacy of Protestantism and
slightly different ways of secularisation.

As for AWL, it's interesting to me, why they can't be called Ukrainian
patriots for their position on Ukraine but can be called Zionists for
their attitude towards Israel?

Also, here exists a whole lot of nuances of the national question.

Take this 'death to the settlers' issue, for example. Unfortunately,
Ukraine has been a place where such calls materialised during the
Volhynia Massacres.
No, such calls by the oppressed are not innocent and should be taken seriously.