#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 22 Jan 2015, at 4:36 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism
<marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:

> Speaking of Turkey, I found this article interesting. It is just one of many
> I have seen in the past few years that militates against a facile analysis
> that posits geopolitical West-East conflicts as if the Cold War never ended.
> Turkey is always depicted as an instrument of American foreign policy,
> allowing jihadists to pour across the border to effect regime change in Syria
> as part of a conspiracy orchestrated by Langley, George Soros, Nicholas
> Kristof and John McCain. Meanwhile, Russia and Turkey are about to conclude a
> major oil deal that thumbs the nose against the exact forces that are
> supposedly pitting them against each other.

Not to mention this:

"In May 2010, Russia and Turkey signed an agreement that a subsidiary of
Rosatom — Akkuyu NGS Elektrik Uretim Corp. (APC: Akkuyu Project Company) —
would build, own, and operate a [nuclear] power plant at Akkuyu comprising four
1,200 MW VVER units.[2] The agreement was ratified by the Turkish Parliament in
July 2010.[3]

"Engineering and survey work started at the site in 2011.[4] The construction
of the first unit will begin in 2016, with the four units put into service in
2020–22.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akkuyu_Nuclear_Power_Plant