#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Watched Salvation with my intimate comrade, Saoirse, who is a HUGE Mads
Mikkelsen fan. We found it pretty laughably terrible to be honest. Mads,
Eva and Jeffrey do their best, as do a good many of the rest of the cast,
but it's just so clunkily written and...well, just bland really. You said
it yourself, it is indeed 'burdened with a number of problems'. That last
shot stays with you for all the wrong reasons - spectacularly OTT
symbolism, that type of thing. As a big fan of spaghetti westerns, and a
fan of any and all attempts to tell new stories of that ilk, stories with a
bit of bite (Deadwood-style), I found it really disappointing.

I'd been meaning to check out Blue Ruin anyway, but your review makes it
sound like an absolute must-see. Not sure if our Netflix (the European
region) has it yet, but I'll definitely have a search in any case.

Solidarity,
Seb