#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Please read the article Louis posted. It's very important and not just
because I live in NorCal. Then, take a look google maps and search for
"Antioch, ca". then expand it out and you'll see the Delta as it proceeds
west to San Francisco Bay and east, south and north to the Sacramento River
and San Joaquin Rivers.

They want to take the water from *north* of the delta and dig two tunnels
to *south* of the Delta so that the fresh mountain water that feeds the
Sacramento River *bypasses* the Delta and is allowed to flow, essentially
into the San Joaquin River.

Ever single plan involved or ever proposed would increase, not decrease the
salinity by sea water intrusion from the Bay into the Delta.

The underlying long range reason for this has to do with SoCal agricultural
and industrial interests wanting to steal the water from better
hydraulically endowed NorCal. The Delta is already threatened, badly, from
vast tracts, 10s of thousands of acres of housing developments all along
the water way during the pre-2006 building boom.

So far even the people of SoCal understand what's going on and have
defeated every attempt to expand the state and federal water projects
designed to ship water south. I hope it stays that way and the state can
deal with better ways of handling our water resources such as banning the
growing of rice and cotton in the State which is simply insane given how
much they use of our water.

David